21 January 2011

The View From Here: Small Things

Ok, I think I'm a little late with this one (though I may have just scraped in to meet the one week deadline), but appreciating the small things and macro photography are two things very dear to my heart, so I couldn't resist posting in this (last?) weeks The View From Here challenge - small things.

We have lots of little treasures around the house - miniature figurines dotted about, and stacks of wonderful origami thanks to the youngest step-son.  It was actually trickier than I thought it would be to take visually interesting or 'good' photos of these small things (and it's made me really want to get a macro lens!  Oh dear!).  Anyway, here's the best of the bunch.  I might repeat this exercise when I've got to know my camera a bit more, see if I improve...







3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics Emily! You seem to be getting the hang of that new camera! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Tamara, you are too kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I just came across these now. I am sorry I didn't see them sooner! It looks like maybe the Linky closed before you could link up? I absolutely adore the origami animals - cats and birds - it is so sweet and perfect for the theme. Thanks for playing along and hopefully I'll find your shots sooner next time.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.