30 November 2012

Death by Doxie : The Nose Hang

One of the joys of being a dachshund owner is witnessing the natural phenomenon known as the doxie nose hang (and when I say 'known as' I mean I call it that). They have rather a long nose (it matches their long body) and sometimes they use their nose as a prop for their head - hanging it over the edge of a cushion, squishing their nostrils on the ground, and promptly falling asleep. It always looks a little uncomfortable to me, but the hounds seem to like it (Ferdi is a practitioner of the floating nose hang, off the couch into free air).

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dog! You certainly take some stunning photos of your dachshunds - and of course they're very photogenic too. I do love your Death by Doxie posts!
    Our German Shorthaired Pointer likes to lie on her back with her legs in the air and her head upside down with her chops flopped down, giving her a weird toothy grin - crazy dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute....my Reilly totally does this and you're right it looks so uncomfortable, but he does it ALL THE TIME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! So cute!

    I'm always amazed at some of the ways our pooches sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too precious! My dog Bingsoo loves to nap like a frog, with all her legs splayed out under her. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.