22 December 2010

More festive cheer!


One of my favourite parts of this years xmas decorations is this giant paper chain the step-sons made.  It snakes along our hallway in glorious colour.  I especially love the play of shadows and the translucent effect produced by the down lights.




My other favourite is the entrance hall, where we have a crochet garland (handmade by The Lovely Lily) and our collection of Alessi ornaments.  My husband has long been a devoted Alessite and one of our new traditions is to add to our collection each year.  The Alessi ornaments are a lovely mix of quirky, cute, funny and they're also sometimes strangely poignant.  




3 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love the colors too! It's so pretty! Your decorations are great! We aren't decorating this year! Next year we'll double our efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how delightful! i haven't made a paper chain in forever; makes me think happy thoughts of childhood. :)
    I hadn't heard of Alessi ornaments before, and now I am intrigued! So wonderfully whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe I think I last made a paper chain when I was in kindergarten, good times. and those Alessi ornaments, I haven't heard of them before either. that little lamb sleeping in the corner, snoring away... too cute !!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.