12 December 2010

Etsy Spotlight...


As you may have noticed, I am a certified Etsy addict.  I buy a lot of stuff from Etsy.  Most of the time it's stuff I was going to buy anyway (that is, stuff I 'need' if you use a fairly loose definition of the word...), and I just choose Etsy to buy from.  Sometimes it's something I chance upon, fall in love with and buy on the spot.  Either way, it all adds up to a lot of purchases.

I know Etsy isn't perfect and that there are too many re-sellers, and that some people think it doesn't allow for enough customisation, and that sometimes it puts pressure on artists and crafters to discount the stuff they make.  But I love buying on Etsy because you can find almost anything there, and more often than not you end up with something that's lovingly made and unique (or lovingly preserved and unique, in the case of vintage items).  And you also get to help someone make money out of doing the thing that they love, which is pretty darn cool. 

All this is just a long winded way of saying I buy a lot of things off Etsy so, from here on in, Etsy Spotlight will only feature sellers who I have personally bought from.  That way it's not just about me loving the look of something, but it's also about the quality of the actual product in real life and of the customer service.  Think of it as the Good Things* seal of approval.

[Etsy Heart button by Bauer Designs]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.