14 December 2010

Creative Collective: Handmade Christmas Card Swap


Have you heard of Creative Collective?  It's a group of crafty bloggers who have joined together to host monthly craft challenges, fund raising events, swaps and more.  

You may recall a few months ago I joined in on their Spring craft project?   Well, this month I signed up for the handmade Christmas card swap.  I decided to try my hand at some slightly more traditional paper crafts (as opposed to my usual make-it-up-as-you-go-along paper embroidery adventures).  So it was out with the scissors, paper punches and glue, and this is what I came up with.  I was pretty darn pleased with the results, I do hope my swap partners like them too...





And today I got the first cards from my swap partners in the post and they are gorgeous - each one is so unique and beautifully made, it's quite inspiring to see the different ideas and interpretations.  I can't wait to get the next three!  (I'll be posting about them once I have all five.)

Oh, and you could (and should!) get more information about Creative Collective here.

4 comments:

  1. Love your cards Em, they are gorgeous and a new look completely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards look great Em! I was so, so lazy and bought mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are lovely!! swapping is always good fun...making sending and then receiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.