19 January 2013

Thrifted Things : Melbourne

On my last trip to Melbourne (which was a bit before xmas, seems like an age ago now!) the thrift gods/dogs seemed to be smiling upon me - hurrah! A trip to the op shops near my folks place in Kew, and a visit to Savers in Brunswick, yielded a lovely little bounty of reasonably priced goodies. A little demitasse cup (from Bavaria no less), some Fire King bowls and a stack of wonderful fabric finds - two as new Australian wildflower tea towels, some check fabric and two beautiful embroidered pieces (one small table cloth and one table runner). Well worth the suitcase space required to bring it all back to Seoul!

7 comments:

  1. Those linens are simply precious. I would be tempted to frame some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Jennifer! I especially love the purple one and was wandering what I should do with it, framing it might just be the answer :)

      Delete
  2. Wow some amazing thrift finds scored by you I love the linens too Emily they are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those finely embroidered pieces are treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous finds Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tea cup.... I just found the best op shop here in Tassie and bought a bunch of johnson teacups for 10c each! I never use them but can't help but buy them every time I see them.... I used to live round the corner from Brunswick Savers - it's so good there! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, living just near Brunswick Savers would be both wonderful and dangerous! There'd be no room in my cupboards left!

      ps. Johnson cups for 10c each!?? Amazing! I'm always looking for good Johnson plates and bowls, they are so hard to find these days...

      Delete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.