24 January 2013

Hong Kong : Through My (dodgy old) iPhone

Last Sunday night the husband and I were talking about his crazy busy week of work ahead, and I made some flippant half-jokey comment about needing to go to Hong Kong to get waxed and buy tuna...and he said 'Do it! Go check out flights now!'. And I did. (Have I mentioned I'm married to the bestest man in the whole universe?)

The first full day there I deliberately left the camera behind at the hotel, so I took some shots with my iPhone instead. Here are my favourites - the fairly typical haze of Hong Kong above (can you spot the setting sun?), and some fun silhouette shots below (captured out the front of Ocean Terminal, the Lunar New Year decorations there are wonderful!). 

In other news, I bought myself a kind of fancy 35mm lens as an early birthday present, and I did give that a good work out on this trip...a post will be coming soon (once I download and edit a bazillion photos...Hong Kong is such a visually inspiring city, there's something you want to capture around every corner).

8 comments:

  1. Your photos from Ocean Terminal are mesmerising! I am so going to check it out.

    Your hubsand is a good egg! He is a keeper for sure :)

    I hope we can catch up on another trip to HK.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too (apologies for the VERY short notice this trip!).

      Hope you catch the New Year decorations at Ocean Terminal, they are so pretty :)

      Delete
  2. Haha! "get waxed and buy tuna" I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what one does in Hong Kong, right? (Or is that just weird expats who can't live without good quality tuna BUT can't face paying KRW 33,00 (AUD 30!) for a tin of it?)

      Delete
  3. Jealous! I want to go and visit Hong Kong again.
    Looking forward to seeing your photos with your new lens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should do a Hong Kong tea and thrift trip one day, what fun that would be! I went to Mana! on this trip too, so delicious - thanks for the introduction!

      Delete
  4. I am jealous too! I want so bad to visit Hong Kong! Can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a wonderful city, I hope you do get to visit soon!

      Delete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.