10 July 2012

Seoul Walking : Summer Umbrellas

It's summertime in Seoul, hot and humid. And that means it's umbrella time. Which also means that for me it's chasing-elderly-ladies-down-the-street-with-my-camera time. I've been a bit obsessed with capturing the passing parade of umbrellas...

There's something about a brolly that makes one look just a little more lady-like isn't there? Especially when it's one of these gorgeous floral ones that the ladies of Seoul seem to favour.


(Okay so no umbrella in that last one, but she is rocking the floral, so...)

7 comments:

  1. The umbrellas are so colourful! Love! There are umbrellas everywhere in melbourne at the moment but they are in dreary colours and nothing as fun as these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photo series Emily! I love it and I love the combination of florals and stripes in the first photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely understand the obsession, they r quite beautiful and definitely add a touch of elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I was only thinking on Monday, when walking around Central, dodging all the umbrellas, that I really should take some photos as they looked so great. And also thinking my umbrella was way, way too boring. I need a new colourful one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely happy post. Those umbrellas are wonderful ... and they do add a feminine touch to an outfit. Florals are something that I have never really mastered ... perhaps I should try them in umbrella form?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such lovely sights. i adore those little scalloped edges too x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.