19 July 2012

Collecting Colour : July is Navy

Finally! July is Navy! A surprisingly sparse colour in our home, but I'm quite happy with the collection in the end (not so happy with the square crop though, I used a tape measure and all for this one...). 

In this collection are a deco glass jug from Retro Vertigo; some lovely blue glass from Alessi and Iitalla; a Croc (yes, I own a pair of Crocs, the shame!); a little Le Creuset pot that I often use for chicken pot pies or 'single' serves of mac 'n' cheese (yum!); some winter woolies; a paper whale; some cocktail stirrers from MSC, pilfered on one of last years cruises; buttons new and old (those giant ones are from my mother-in-laws amazing craft stash); and my passport. 

Speaking of my passport, I need to leave for the airport in an hour and I'm still in my pyjamas. Oops. 

The husband and I are heading to Hong Kong for our weekend-bonanza-third-year-wedding-anniversay-apalooza! We kind of both completely forgot about years one and two so we figured we'd do year three in style. Plus, we tied the knot in Honkers. Plus, it's Hong Kong. Have I mentioned I love Hong Kong? I think I probably have. Maybe more than once. Anyway, there will be super delicious tastiness, lazing by the pool and maybe even a facial (for me, anyway). I am quite excited!


* * * * * * *

Every month through 2012 I'll be 'collecting colour', and you can join in too!  Link up below, and/or add your photo to the Flickr group here.  And go here to get all the information you need.  


8 comments:

  1. Fab collection of navy blue items! I love navy blue, but oddly enough I don't own many items in this color. Go figure! :) Have fun in Hong Kong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection, as always!
    I love the little inclusions you have like the buttons and the passport. I might just have to steal that idea!

    Have fun in HK! Eat a pineapple bun for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! That's an impressive collection! Love this series, can't wait to see your other colour collection:) Enjoy and have fun in HK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great collection, I love the glasses, such a fantastic color! wishing you a happy anniversary and a fabulous time in HK :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely collection. I especially like how you have combined all the blue shades. Can't wait until next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes - next month is ORANGE and I'm pretty excited about it, one of my favourite hues!

      Delete
  6. Oh your collections are always so awesome! I am glad I made the deadline! I usually post early but saw yours and it reminded me...so glad!

    Also, props on your detail shots. They are always the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I have so much fun with the close ups :)

      Delete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.