23 November 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like xmas...

For some reason that I can't quite remember, last year I didn't have the time or energy to do anything xmas card-ish.  Or maybe I did send some out.  I'm really not sure.  I'm a bit tired today.  Anyway...

The year before that, pre-xmas was the time when we were waiting to find out if we'd be moving to Seoul or not (after just signing a two year lease in Hong Kong!), and sending xmas cards was so far from my mind.  Then the year before that, I actually went to the trouble of designing and ordering a bunch of cards featuring Ferdi and Elfi looking ridiculous in santa hats and 'posing' around a poinsettia.  Trouble was, I didn't actually get around to sending them to anyone.

But this year is going to be different.  (I think, I hope).
It helps that I can't decorate the apartment until the step-sons get here in a few weeks, so craft is a good outlet for me to feel the holiday vibe and assuage my envy at all the gorgeous trees I'm seeing going up around the world via Twitter and Instagram and Facebook.  

I don't normally go for traditional colours at xmas time, but I actually like the red and green in these simple paper designs - it gives the whole thing a bit of a retro feel, don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. Looking good, getting me in the mood: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are fantabulous! Love them. Mine seem so childish now. Christmas card envy I have now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great!! I've been working on several sets of cards too and that plus baking some gingerbread has put me in the Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. who doesn't love a good dynamo label maker!!!! lovely! the simplicity of all the cards is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super clever to make ornaments out of the card cut-outs. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.