08 November 2011

Hong Kong in black and white

I'm currently sitting in HK Airport waiting for my flight to Melbourne.  Although I'm excited to be flying home, you all know how much I adore Hong Kong and it really does break my heart a little every time I have to say goodbye to this wonderful city/country/place.

Anyway, I thought it might be nice to share some of my favourite photographs from my last visit here.  I love shooting HK in black and white because it really brings out all the wonderful lines and grids and patterns that are everywhere.  (I'd say check out my Flickr for more, but I am a few months behind on updating my Flickr stream.  It's on the list!)


From the top: Star Ferry; Smoko time on the Avenue of Stars, TST; Covered walkways in Central, HK Island; 'Secondhand Goods and Curios' near Graham Street, Central.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great idea Em as the eye isn't distracted by the riot of colour and you can really focus on specific elements.

    The first image is really great.

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos Emily!
    I can't wait to visit HK myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Photos! Be glad you're in Melbourne now, the weather is miserable here, it's raining and it's *gasp* cold at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I am looking forward to one day exploring by myself, no stroller allowed.
    I love those weird angled walls at TST too, they are begging to be photographed.
    Happy, safe travels for the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, Emily! Love all the lines and grids, as you say. Thank you also for the mail art pack! I loved every little piece and hope to give you a view of my city in return. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.