15 May 2013

Collecting Colours : Green + Pink


So fresh, so bright, so happy! Pink and green is all about sweetness and light and happy times yes? It seems to fit perfectly with the mood in Seoul right now. I'd forgotten how breathtakingly pretty the city can be when Spring hits. 

Around every corner there's stunning bursts of green, fresh new leaves; there's purple azaleas blooming en masse, and pots full of pansies and violas in a rainbow of colours. Add to that blue skies (when it's not smoggy...sigh), a warm breeze and the festivities surrounding Buddha's Birthday and it's a pretty magical time of year. I hope these diptychs capture just a little part of that.

Number two is my favourite, which one is yours?

* * * * * * *

Every month through 2013 I'll be 'collecting colours', and you can join in too! Just create something, anything based on the colour pair for each month. Link up below, Instagram, Tweet and/or add your photo to the Flickr group here. You can go here to get all the information you need.  


4 comments:

  1. I love green and pink together. It's so fresh and happy!

    I think the third one is my favourite. I love the shapes of the leaves with the light coming through them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second pair is my favourite too, such lovely textures! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous collection of pinks and greens, Miss Emily! I managed to get my post done this month, which is always exciting, but I'm thinking I need to move somewhere more colorful. Your shots are always so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love all of your photos. I don't think I can pick a favorite. Pink and green was a perfect combo for pictures of blooming plants and flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.