13 March 2013

Collecting Colours : White + Black


How prescient of me to nominate black and white for this month! I mean it's always a classic combination but it's having a bit of a moment right now isn't it? I am so on the pulse, down with the cool kids, hip to the something-or-other. From here on in just call me Ms Fashionista. Yep.* 

So, white and black, black and white. Classic, classy, stylish...yet a little subversive too, when it's being graphic, bold, strong. And quite a challenge to capture. I love how these diptychs really bring the different textures to life. I guess once most of the colour of the world is gone that's what our eye is drawn to? I also like how abstract some of the photos are becoming. Can guess what all the different images are (especially that second pair)? I'll sent a postcard or two your way if you can! 

*If anyone ever reads my blog and fails to realise that I write with tongue firmly in cheek I'm going to come off as a bit of a wanker, aren't I?

* * * * * * *

Every month through 2013 I'll be 'collecting colours', and you can join in too! Just create something, anything based on the colour pair for each month. Link up below, Instagram, Tweet and/or add your photo to the Flickr group here. You can go here to get all the information you need.  


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful textures! Black and white is one of my all time fave colour combos.

    I think I spy Elfie in the second photo along with a rug or cushion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! Yes, it is Elfi (and a sheep skin rug)! Some postcards heading your way :)

      Delete
  2. Your photos are sublime, Emily! I love your selective focus in these photos.

    Is one of the abstract ones, a photo of one of the hounds fur?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's Elfi the short hair!

      And thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely images. I think the chipped paint is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the shed out the back of my folks place in Melbourne! So many memories there...

      ps. Thanks for playing along again this month!

      Delete
    2. I love playing along! Thanks for hosting the challenge. I thought the Broke Ass wine would get a good laugh. I also took all the photos on the same day, which was fun for me. I love my converse probably too much. :)

      Delete
  4. I had a lot of fun with this month's prompt, Miss Emily! I ended up really focusing on textures, so I'm drawn to your last two diptychs the most. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.