09 May 2012

Collecting Colour : May is Purple

Purple is my Mum's favourite colour (could have something to do with it's links to feminism, perhaps?). Whenever we were stumped for a gift for her we'd fall back on something purple (a brooch, a scarf, a bit of pottery) and it was always a winner (either that or she's a really great actor). 

I kind of get why people would love purple, but personally I do not feel passionately either way about it. I do like seeing it in full bloom (hydrangeas anyone?), and it can look kind of nice on fingers and toes. But I don't have much of it in my house or my wardrobe or my kitchen cupboard. I was a bit surprised by how much stuff I had for this collection actually! 


* * * * * * *

Every month through 2012 I'll be 'collecting colour', and you can join in too!  Link up below, and/or add your photo to the Flickr group here.  And go here to get all the information you need.  

6 comments:

  1. That's an eye-popping array of purpleness my friend.
    Am off to put on some Alvin Purple and see what treasures I can dig up in my happy home.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple you say?
    Like yourself I don't think I've ever particularly liked or disliked the colour and I don't think I have too much about the place. I shall see what I can discover though. Which is the fun part! :)

    I love the florals and animals in your collection and are those lollies?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purple posey has me tickled pink...if you'll excuse the crappy pun! I'm a bit meh about purple too - but you've given me a great colour inspiration for my next pedicure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the elephant clock and the felt owl, so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am hopeless I have had my pile of Purple goodies on the side board for weeks waiting for Purple post day & I hae missed it again how can I ??? I am hopeless :( I love all yours they are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link up will still be open for another five days, so go ahead - I'd love to see your collection (and I won't tell anyone it was late, shhh...)

      Delete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.