[photo by brittalicious]
Some things that happify me right now:
- Roast chicken. For whatever strange reason I've spent a large portion of my life as a vegetarian (gasp!), so whilst I can whip up a tasty salad and am the queen of delicious pasta dishes I have always been a bit unsure of my meat cooking ability. I've been experimenting with various tips and tricks for roasting a chook and the other night I hit the jackpot baby - moist, juicy meat and crispy skin! Yum! Next time I make it, I'll share the recipe with you if you want?
- Rediscovering the joys of Bill Bryson - his dry wit, super geekery and clear love of language.
- Little Birds. A cute craft book chock full of awesome projects which all feature birds, of course. Tweet tweet! I used it when I made my stuff to send in the Handmade #Tweetswap that I recently hosted (you can have a look here). I have pretty much flagged every page as 'I want to try this'. Expect handmade birds for xmas people.
- So You Think You Can Dance (the current US Season). My passion for certain reality TV shows is my dirty little not-so-secret. And seeing as the husband is traveling a lot at the moment, I've been able to indulge in a
- This video of DJ Mama who is, in fact, a French Bulldog. Gosh I love the internet!
Happy weekend to you all x